Do you have loose dentures or missing teeth and are looking for a safe option to replace your teeth or get rid of loose dentures? If yes, dental implants are the safest and most natural-looking restoration option. Dental implants in Wellington Point are screw-like anchors used as an artificial replacement for natural tooth roots. They can be used to replace a tooth or several teeth or for supporting partial or full dentures. The screws are made of titanium and attached to the jawbone and gum tissue to provide a stable base for artificial replacement teeth. Since visiting a dentist is full of anxiety, so we are discussing the procedure involved in dental implants to help you be prepared for the treatment.
Dental Implants Procedure
The dental implant procedure provides you with a permanent solution for missing tooth/teeth to help a patient regain a perfect smile and self-confidence. The process is performed using advanced and modern technologies by experienced dentists at the Wellington Point Dental. It involves the placement of a metal screw into the jawbone, which acts as a replacement for the tooth root. Dental implants can support a single tooth, a dental bridge, or a denture.
Here is a quick look at the procedure for dental implants in Wellington Point:
- The procedure begins with a detailed examination of the dental and medical health of the patient. Besides this, our skilled dentists perform a bone density assessment and sinuses test.
- We prepare the area of the missing tooth before loading the implants. We also determine the quality and health of the surrounding gums.
- In the next stage, we place the titanium screw and leave the area to heal for at least two to three months. However, in some dental implant procedures, the healing process is omitted, and the dentists place a cap on the same day.
- Next, the implant is surgically exposed, and a healing cap is placed over the implant.
- The dental experts take impressions that are sent to the laboratory. Then dental crowns are made using the impressions. The crown is made in such a manner that the crown looks like your original teeth; even the colour of the crown matches the original teeth’ colour.
- The healing cap is removed after two weeks, and the dental crown is placed over it.
- The dental implants placed are biocompatible and merge with the surrounding bone. Dental implants function exactly like the root of a tooth.
Dental implants are a great option to replace missing teeth. These implants are solid and durable and can last a lifetime if the patient takes proper care. The dentists at Wellington Point Dental clinic explain the entire procedure beforehand to help patients overcome stress and anxiety. Our amazing dentists make you feel comfortable before starting the treatment and answer your queries at length to ensure you are fully confident about the treatment.
Cost of Dental Implants in Wellington Point
The cost of a dental implant will depend on the type of restoration you need as well as the number of implants you require. The charges will also vary based on the extraction, the type and number of implants, the procedure used for implants, the usage of dentures or dental bridges, and the charges of the oral surgeon or prosthodontist, etc. At Wellington Point Dental, we provide durable dental implants, which cost between $4,000 to $7,000. Our dental implant experts offer the patients a rough estimate of the expenditure that they will incur on the implant procedure before starting the treatment.
For More Information
At Wellington Point Dental, we endeavour to provide you with natural-looking and long-lasting teeth implants to give you the confidence to smile again.
You can book a dental appointment online with us or reach out to us on the below contact details.
Wellington Point Dental
Address: 7/391 Main Road, Wellington Point, Qld 4160, Australia
Phone Number: 3207 3911