Tooth loss currently affects a significant part of
Types of Dentures
A denture is a removable dental appliance, which is designed to closely resemble your natural teeth. Dentures are worn over your teeth and gums to replace the teeth that you have lost.
There two types of dentures: the complete denture and partial dentures.
Partial dentures are used when you still have some natural teeth remaining. Complete dentures are used when all of your teeth are missing. Dentures can be conventional dentures or immediate dentures inserted the same day teeth are removed.
Dentures are highly durable and will last for many years. They only have to be remade, repaired or adjusted due to normal wear.
Reasons for Dentures
- Loss of all teeth in the jaw
- Loss of several teeth in the jaw
- Improve chewing, speech
- Improve smile and facial tissues
The Process of Getting Dentures
- See the dentist for an initial consultation
- The dentist will determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment and the type of denture required for your case.
- The process of getting dentures commonly takes 2-4 dental appointments
- The dental lab will create a custom tray to set a more accurate
mouldof teeth in wax. This will be used to fabricate the final dentures
- The dentures will be fitted. The comfort and fit will also be assessed
- The dentist will provide instructions on caring for your new dentures.
Dentures in Wellington
If you are struggling with chewing or self-conscious about missing teeth, dentures may be the right treatment for you. Dentures are a great long-term investment in your oral health. With proper care, dentures can last up to ten years. Restore your smile and confidence with our high-quality restorative dental treatments. We can help you put the smile back on your face.