Dental Check-up and Teeth Cleaning
A preventative program is a great opportunity for your dental team to monitor your oral health and prevent the onset of any oral health issues in the best way possible. We work together with our patients to maintain
Preventing dental problems starts at home and we are here to provide continued support. That support includes regular dental check-ups and examinations, professional dental cleaning, Oral hygenice instaructions and x-rays.
At Wellington Point Dental, we are all about prevention because, as the saying goes, we firmly believe that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, especially when it concerns your teeth.
Does a Check-up and Cleaning Involve?
At Wellington Point Dental, we perform the following:
- Examination – your teeth, gums and mouth will be examined using special hand tools. A more thorough examination may require x-rays and photographs.
- Recommendation of treatment – if a treatment is needed, it may be performed right away oherwise another appointment will be made.
- Comprehensive cleaning – your teeth are professionally cleaned, scaled and polished to get rid of plaque, tartar build-up, and food stains. We will also apply fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.
- Oral health and dental hygiene education – your dental team at Wellington Point Dental will advise you on how you can properly maintain good oral health and prevent further issues.
Tips for Keeping Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Visit us every 6 months for regular check-ups.
- Take good care of your teeth at home by brushing and flossing your teeth daily
- Clean your tongue
- Change your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months
- Avoid consuming acidic and sugary foods and beverages
- Eat crunchy foods such as apples, carrots
andcelery to naturally clean your teeth. Plus, they are very healthy too!
- Drink lots of water
Prevention and Good Dental Care
At Wellington Point Dental, we want you to enjoy a healthy, confident smile.
With high-quality preventative dental care services, we can help you keep your teeth and gums healthy. Don’t ignore the long-term benefits of an excellent preventative care program. Visit us regularly and have your teeth professionally cleaned at Wellington Point Dental.