Root Canal Treatment
When the nerve of the tooth is affected by infection or decay, root canal treatment is recommended.
The procedure was first developed more than 200 years ago, but with the advent of modern dentistry and
At Wellington Point Dental, we are continuously updating our practices and we make efforts to stay abreast of the latest
Signs you may possibly require a Root Canal Treatment
- Sensitivity to hot and cold foods and drinks
- An abscess on the gums
- Severe and persistent toothache pain
- Swelling or tenderness
Background on what makes Root Canal Treatment Necessary
The teeth are composed of three basic layers:
- The enamel is the hard outer layer that forms the visible crown of the teeth
- The dentine, which is under the enamel, supporting the crown of the tooth
- The root canal is the hollow
centreof the tooth extending from the base of the roots to the centreof the tooth. It is filled with a soft, organic material that contains nerves and blood vessels supplying nutrients to the tooth.
When the dental pulp becomes infected, root canal treatment may become necessary to save the original tooth. Saving and restoring your teeth is always a desirable alternative to tooth replacement treatments.
The Procedure of Root Canal Treatment
The root canal therapy is a procedure that requires a highly skilled and experinced dentist. Wellington Point Dental team have been performing root canal procedures for many years. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of dental care in the safest and most effective way possible.
A root canal treatment procedure will consist of the following steps:
- A thorough examination will determine the exact cause of the problem as well as the best solution to address the situation.
- The infected nerve, pulp, and any decay will be removed.
- The root canal chamber will be thoroughly cleaned, and special medication will be placed in the canal.
- After approximately 1-2 weeks the root canal chamber will be thoroughly cleaned again and prepared for sealing.
- The root canal chamber will be filled with special material and sealed. A filling will then be placed and after the tooth has had some time to settle, a crown should be fabricated to strengthen the tooth.
Successful Root Canal Treatment at Wellington Point Dental
The doctors at Wellington Point Dental are on your side. We want you to enjoy the finest oral health and long-lasting, problem-free dental solutions. We offer the most modern, effective dental care services. If you are experiencing tooth pain, please visit us as soon as possible. We can restore and save your original teeth with root canal treatment before it’s too late. Call us at 07 3207 3911 to book your root canal treatment in Wellington Point.